After this summer’s Marvel-themed episode of Phineas and Ferb, Disney’s next burst of synergy to hit young Flynn and Fletcher will be a Star Wars crossover. As we previously learned, the episode’s storyline is to take place in parallel to the events of the first Star Wars film, Star Wars. You know the one, it’s the one the kids call A New Hope.
Looking at this concept art you might be able to infer just a thing or two about their approach. Perhaps the biggest surprise is the image above, showing Ferb as a Darth Maul type. That doesn’t quite fit the plan, not as expected, but everything below seems Episode IV adjacent.
That collage comes from Animation Fascination who found the images on a Disney Wiki. The Han and Chewie image, which you can see full size below, appears to have been photographed from a screen at Comic-Con, as with the Darth Ferb fight at the top of this post.
The images are credited to Kyle Menke, a storyboard artist on the show.
Perhaps this would all have meant a lot more to me if I knew Phineas and Ferb better. Nudge me when they have Chewbacca move in with the Big Foots – Big Feet? – of Gravity Falls.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014