Skin Trade was initiated by Dolph Lundgren, who will produce the film and who co-wrote the script with his Universal Solider director, John Hyams. Also on board are the phenomenal Tony Jaa and director Ekachai Uekrongtham. It’s an odd mix of folk, some more appealing to me than others, but… well, it’s got Tony Jaa in it. Surely it can’t fail to have some wonderful, spectacular action beats?
Uekrongtham previously directed the drama Pleasure Factory, about the sex trade, and Beautiful Boxer, which featured some Muay Thai. Seeing as this film is an action picture unfolding in the context of Bangkok’s red light district, Lundgren didn’t necessarily need much imagination to pick him, but I’m still intrigued by the choice – not least because Uekrongtham’s most recent film, an existential horror picture called The Coffin, sounds absolutely fascinating.
Skin Trade should start shooting towards the start of 2014 and it’s hoped that it will see release before the end – if that includes the West, however, is very much in the gift of distributors. Consider this poster a very, very early tease, then.
Thanks to Tony Jaa himself for sharing on Facebook.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014