DC have the 3D cover market sewn up for September. Indeed, picking up this weeks comics, I couldn’t help but be impressed by the resultant thickness of the DC comics. Never mind the quality, feel the width! Well, Marvel are fighting back, giving their new series for December, Origins II by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert an acetate cover, the likes of which adorned the Marvels comics back in the day.
Retailer attendees at New York Comic Con will get a free cover preview and some will receive them in the post. Or, I suppose, they could check out yesterday’s Cyborg 009 from Archaia.
Set a few years after the events of Origin, Origin II finds James Howlett running with the wolves…until something unexpected brings him back into the world of men! Follow the first “X-Man” as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who’s just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them. Written by comics superstar Kieron Gillen and drawn by industry legend Adam Kubert, Origin II continues the proud tradition of revealing Wolverine’s shocking history in the highest quality possible!
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018