DC have the 3D cover market sewn up for September. Indeed, picking up this weeks comics, I couldn’t help but be impressed by the resultant thickness of the DC comics. Never mind the quality, feel the width! Well, Marvel are fighting back, giving their new series for December, Origins II by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert an acetate cover, the likes of which adorned the Marvels comics back in the day.
Retailer attendees at New York Comic Con will get a free cover preview and some will receive them in the post. Or, I suppose, they could check out yesterday’s Cyborg 009 from Archaia.
Set a few years after the events of Origin, Origin II finds James Howlett running with the wolves…until something unexpected brings him back into the world of men! Follow the first “X-Man” as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who’s just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them. Written by comics superstar Kieron Gillen and drawn by industry legend Adam Kubert, Origin II continues the proud tradition of revealing Wolverine’s shocking history in the highest quality possible!
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017