Had a conversation at the Central Coast Comic Con with Pat Kilbane formerly of MadTV and Seinfeld. He was at the show carrying a copy of his latest work The Brain Eaters Bible, which is an illustrated handbook for zombies, and we chatted about his new youtube series Hero Therapy.
Though mainly known for comedy, with Hero Therapy, Kilbane and Melissa McQueen produce a series of videos with psychologist Dr. Larry Lewis that psychoanalyzes comic book characters like The Punisher, Spider-Man and Ripley from Aliens. Kilbane is part of Dorks of Yore that also produces the series J. D. McGhoul’s Zombie Tips and Busy Jimmy. J. D. McGhoul, though a zombie, is credited as the co-writer of The Brain Eaters Bible.
Dr. Lewis doesn’t come across like you’d expect a psychotherapist would in these videos. In the case of the Punisher he looks at the reaction to the act that cause him to want revenge, the reason for body count escalation, how Frank could stop and why society doesn’t want him to. These are pretty good insights into the characters and I know from talking to Pat they are going to continue the series. So watch for them.
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017
- Matt Groening Brings ‘Disenchantment’ To Netflix - July 25, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Swinging Out To The AFC West - July 24, 2017
- Video: Taboo Of The Black Eyed Peas Becomes Marvel’s Red Wolf - July 24, 2017
- Richard Dragon Confirmed As Upcoming ‘Arrow’ Villain - July 24, 2017