Had a conversation at the Central Coast Comic Con with Pat Kilbane formerly of MadTV and Seinfeld. He was at the show carrying a copy of his latest work The Brain Eaters Bible, which is an illustrated handbook for zombies, and we chatted about his new youtube series Hero Therapy.
Though mainly known for comedy, with Hero Therapy, Kilbane and Melissa McQueen produce a series of videos with psychologist Dr. Larry Lewis that psychoanalyzes comic book characters like The Punisher, Spider-Man and Ripley from Aliens. Kilbane is part of Dorks of Yore that also produces the series J. D. McGhoul’s Zombie Tips and Busy Jimmy. J. D. McGhoul, though a zombie, is credited as the co-writer of The Brain Eaters Bible.
Dr. Lewis doesn’t come across like you’d expect a psychotherapist would in these videos. In the case of the Punisher he looks at the reaction to the act that cause him to want revenge, the reason for body count escalation, how Frank could stop and why society doesn’t want him to. These are pretty good insights into the characters and I know from talking to Pat they are going to continue the series. So watch for them.
- Read Justice, Inc. #1 from Michael Uslan and Giovanni Timpano - January 21, 2018
- Sideshow Offers New Black Widow and Captain America Print with a Twist - January 21, 2018
- You Will Believe a White Man Can Lean: Neil Patrick Harris Takes on MJ - January 21, 2018
- Tennessee Titans Choose Mike Vrabel as New Head Coach - January 21, 2018
- Chris Redd Stars as a Very Different Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - January 21, 2018