The first trailer for Jose Padilha’s Robocop seemed to go down a little like a lead ballon when it was released last week. I’m not sure I entirely understood why.
Sure, it looks a little glossy and broad but then it is a trailer intended to sell the film to a wide audience. The first trailer for the original film didn’t exactly give anyone an accurate idea of what to expect.
I’m still pretty hopeful. Especially considering that this film is coming from the director of Elite Squad and Elite Squad: The Enemy Within.
Today we got our first poster for the new Robocop, via Coming Soon and it’s a pretty simple and clean design.
Robocop will be released in the UK and America on the 7th of February 2014.
So Sony have rolled out their first poster for Robocop and in some respects, it’s sticking far closer to the original film than this remake actually will. For one thing, his visor’s down – and there’s a lot of visor-up time in the new film. Then there’s the fact that his human hand, instrumental to the new film’s political commentary as well as its character work, has been left out of the picture. I don’t think this is poster is really doing the new film’s new ideas justice.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013