Either a version of Green Lantern that played like ET meets Stand By Me using the goth/punk seen and Kyle Raynor, or Wonder-Woman, using a pitch that I intend to make to WB.
Now, I think that comment about a Green Lantern film is a little throwaway but I’m inclined to take him mentioning Wonder Woman more seriously, in light of the fact that he mentions actually intending to pitch it to Warner Brothers.
Warner Brothers have had a lot of difficulties in the past few years in adapting Wonder Woman for the big and small screen. Landis is a smart writer and I’d love to hear his take on the character. I’m sure Warner Brothers would too.
Landis was also asked what film he would do if he could do any film for Marvel or DC and he replied,
1970s gritty blaxploitation Heroes For Hire movie.
And when asked what comic book story he’d like to bring to the cinema he answered,
Batman: The Long Halloween.
He knows just the right things to say, doesn’t he?
These are all tidbits of information that can be taken with significant handfuls of salt but these are the kind of comic book projects that Landis wants to make and there’s always the chance that they could happen.
We live in a world where a big budget Guardians of the Galaxy film is being made by the director of Slither and Super…
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013