Rainn Wilson Tweeted a link to a sizzle reel for the failed pilot of Backstrom earlier today. Failed in that CBS decided not to pick it up. It actually looks pretty decent.
The pilot is for a show based on a Swedish book series by Leif G.W. Persson and was adapted for TV by Bones Creator Hart Hanson. Wilson stars in the pilot alongside Mamie Gummer, in a double-act that seems to draw as much from classic comedy double-acts as it does from familiar buddy cop tropes.
There’s a definite House vibe to Backstrom’s misanthropy there but the sizzle reel also has that slightly dorky irreverence that makes Bones stand out a little from other similar shows.
I’m not sure I would have been rushing to watch that but I imagine it would have easily drawn my attention away from something else that I was doing if it was on my television, as Bones occasionally does when my girlfriend is watching it.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013