Originally they were planned for next month. A new weekly Superman title, part of four new weekly titles, joined by Batman, Green Lantern and Justice League, with rotating creative teams.
Creatives were sounded out, South America was raided for a fresh batch of pencillers and some high profile names were courted to launch the series. But then…
Nothing. Taken off the schedules.
Until now. When, again, I’m hearing people being sounded out for weekly comics at DC. How many, what brands, I don’t know. But there’s at least one on the way, a Superman weekly intended for March publication.
Second time lucky? Will we hear more at NYCC? It might be a useful recruiting ground if nothing else….if they can find somewhere to look at people’s portfolios.
UPDATE: Looks like Greg Pak and Max Landis were going to write this the first time around;
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017