Originally they were planned for next month. A new weekly Superman title, part of four new weekly titles, joined by Batman, Green Lantern and Justice League, with rotating creative teams.
Creatives were sounded out, South America was raided for a fresh batch of pencillers and some high profile names were courted to launch the series. But then…
Nothing. Taken off the schedules.
Until now. When, again, I’m hearing people being sounded out for weekly comics at DC. How many, what brands, I don’t know. But there’s at least one on the way, a Superman weekly intended for March publication.
Second time lucky? Will we hear more at NYCC? It might be a useful recruiting ground if nothing else….if they can find somewhere to look at people’s portfolios.
UPDATE: Looks like Greg Pak and Max Landis were going to write this the first time around;
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018
- DC Comics’ The Silencer #1 by John Romita, Released Early on Apple iTunes - January 19, 2018
- Fifty Comic Stores That Have Closed Since January 2017 - January 19, 2018
- Free Beer Given Away in London to Promote Kingsman: The Golden Circle on DVD/Blu-ray/Download - January 19, 2018