Originally they were planned for next month. A new weekly Superman title, part of four new weekly titles, joined by Batman, Green Lantern and Justice League, with rotating creative teams.
Creatives were sounded out, South America was raided for a fresh batch of pencillers and some high profile names were courted to launch the series. But then…
Nothing. Taken off the schedules.
Until now. When, again, I’m hearing people being sounded out for weekly comics at DC. How many, what brands, I don’t know. But there’s at least one on the way, a Superman weekly intended for March publication.
Second time lucky? Will we hear more at NYCC? It might be a useful recruiting ground if nothing else….if they can find somewhere to look at people’s portfolios.
UPDATE: Looks like Greg Pak and Max Landis were going to write this the first time around;
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017
- A Sneak Peek At The Best Selling Comic Of 2017 – Could It Be Obelix The Gaul? - January 20, 2017