Originally they were planned for next month. A new weekly Superman title, part of four new weekly titles, joined by Batman, Green Lantern and Justice League, with rotating creative teams.
Creatives were sounded out, South America was raided for a fresh batch of pencillers and some high profile names were courted to launch the series. But then…
Nothing. Taken off the schedules.
Until now. When, again, I’m hearing people being sounded out for weekly comics at DC. How many, what brands, I don’t know. But there’s at least one on the way, a Superman weekly intended for March publication.
Second time lucky? Will we hear more at NYCC? It might be a useful recruiting ground if nothing else….if they can find somewhere to look at people’s portfolios.
UPDATE: Looks like Greg Pak and Max Landis were going to write this the first time around;
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017