Johns was behind the revival of the character as part of the New 52 and it succeeded wildly, with Aquaman in the top ten, and outselling all of Marvel’s books for a short while. Even now, it is still a strong performer at DC and the character seems to have been well and truly rehabilitated at the publisher. But it seems that November’s issue will be his last, replaced by Jeff Parker.
Written by JEFF PARKER
Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and SEAN PARSONS
1:25 Variant cover by PAUL PELLETIER and SEAN PARSONS
On sale DECEMBER 31 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
“Sea of Storms” begins with the debut of new AQUAMAN writer Jeff Parker! The Earth’s crust is grinding to life, releasing deadly volcanoes and bizarre creatures…so humanity’s first instinct is to blame Atlantis! And as the plates pull apart, the pressures of ruling a kingdom under siege are weighing on Aquaman and Mera as well!
Especially since they aren’t even married!
Christos Gage and Neil Googe also create a Flash one-shot for issue 26 as Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato leave Flash, also for something very DC but very unannounced.
Flash was a very artistically innovative comic in the New 52, a close second to JH Williams and W Haden Blackman on Batwoman and a real highlight.
Red co-creator Cully Hamner is the new artist on Animal Man, Aaron Lopresti joins Detective Comics and Aco draws Constantine.
Oh yes and changes on Batwoman, Superboy and Supergirl you may have read about elsewhere.
And in your Charles Soule and Matt Kindt counts, both are only writing three books each in December. So far.
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018