Over at Doctor Who TV they have a photo of Peter Davison (the Fifth Doctor) and Sylvester McCoy (the Seventh Doctor) outside of the soon-to-be-rubble BBC TV Centre. In the photo there are also protest signs against not having the classic Doctors in the 50th Anniversary Special.
In the report it claims that Davison, McCoy and Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor) were all there, but they say they’re not sure if it was for a real protest, to film something for a special clip or dvd extra… or just a publicity stunt.
We recommend crossing “real protest” off of the list of possibilities and add “something for Peter Davidson’s Vimeo channel” on.
Still – seems to confirm, pretty conclusively, that there are no classic Doctors in the special. The joke just wouldn’t work if there were.
And you should note the absence of Paul McGann…
Over on his twitter account, Baker, who posts regularly, made no mention of the protest but did speak of heading to Norwich for a convention.
For his part, Matt Smith started filming the Christmas special yesterday, way down in Wales, far enough away that they couldn’t have dragged him into this.
- Lucifer Season 3: Will Amenadiel be a Wedge Between Dr. Linda and Maze? - January 19, 2018
- Forging Hephaestus: Drew Hayes Builds a Universe from the Villains’ POV - January 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner Shares Original Designs for 30th Anniversary Dawn Statue - January 19, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: How Long Before Anissa Suits Up as Thunder? - January 19, 2018
- Drew Carey to Guest Star on NCIS as Former Marine Accused of Murder - January 19, 2018