So, the DC Panel. As well as Batwoman, they were talking Harley Quinn. But not about the Naked Suicide Art Competition controversy (the week before National Suicide Prevention Week)…
Instead they were talking about Harley Quinn in her Zero issue as, basically, DC’s Deadpool.
Jimmy Palmiotti stated that she will break the fourth wall, and will address the shortcomings of the different artists drawing her in her Zero issue, and Amanda Conner for putting her in all the situations, which will incorporate that oh-so-controversial fan tryout page. But that’s issue zero, issue one will take a different tack. Just as insane, but in a different fashion.
Conner says that her biggest problem is Jimmy coming up with all these ideas, but only being allowed to draw the covers. That the first issue will see Harley Quinn move to Coney Island, where she finds she really fits in, living in a freak show, which she inherits from an old patient. There are a million problems with the building, including a murder waxworks in the basement. And her motivation is to pay rent and insurance every month… which is a new twist. So she’ll try out new jobs from issue to issue, like Roller Derby.
Palmiotti also stated that the theme of the series is madness.
I wonder if it will be explored in a sensitive fashion?
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017
- A World With So, So Many Supermen – Trinity And Superman Spoilers - January 18, 2017
- Does Doctor Who Make Another Visit To Today’s Clone Conspiracy#4? (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017
- Now It’s Time For Justice League Vs Suicide Squad To Make A DC Watchmen Reference (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017