So, the DC Panel. As well as Batwoman, they were talking Harley Quinn. But not about the Naked Suicide Art Competition controversy (the week before National Suicide Prevention Week)…
Instead they were talking about Harley Quinn in her Zero issue as, basically, DC’s Deadpool.
Jimmy Palmiotti stated that she will break the fourth wall, and will address the shortcomings of the different artists drawing her in her Zero issue, and Amanda Conner for putting her in all the situations, which will incorporate that oh-so-controversial fan tryout page. But that’s issue zero, issue one will take a different tack. Just as insane, but in a different fashion.
Conner says that her biggest problem is Jimmy coming up with all these ideas, but only being allowed to draw the covers. That the first issue will see Harley Quinn move to Coney Island, where she finds she really fits in, living in a freak show, which she inherits from an old patient. There are a million problems with the building, including a murder waxworks in the basement. And her motivation is to pay rent and insurance every month… which is a new twist. So she’ll try out new jobs from issue to issue, like Roller Derby.
Palmiotti also stated that the theme of the series is madness.
I wonder if it will be explored in a sensitive fashion?
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017