So, the DC Panel. As well as Batwoman, they were talking Harley Quinn. But not about the Naked Suicide Art Competition controversy (the week before National Suicide Prevention Week)…
Instead they were talking about Harley Quinn in her Zero issue as, basically, DC’s Deadpool.
Jimmy Palmiotti stated that she will break the fourth wall, and will address the shortcomings of the different artists drawing her in her Zero issue, and Amanda Conner for putting her in all the situations, which will incorporate that oh-so-controversial fan tryout page. But that’s issue zero, issue one will take a different tack. Just as insane, but in a different fashion.
Conner says that her biggest problem is Jimmy coming up with all these ideas, but only being allowed to draw the covers. That the first issue will see Harley Quinn move to Coney Island, where she finds she really fits in, living in a freak show, which she inherits from an old patient. There are a million problems with the building, including a murder waxworks in the basement. And her motivation is to pay rent and insurance every month… which is a new twist. So she’ll try out new jobs from issue to issue, like Roller Derby.
Palmiotti also stated that the theme of the series is madness.
I wonder if it will be explored in a sensitive fashion?
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special Will Be Called “Twice Upon A Time” - July 23, 2017
- Doctor Who’s Steven Moffat Says There’s No Backlash Against Jodie Whittaker, Wishes Journalists Would Shut Up - July 23, 2017