Today, Dan DiDio told a packed hall at Baltimore Comic Con that heroes shouldn’t get married. And he explained how heroes have to sacrifice their personal lives. And that is why Kate Kane wasn’t allowed to marry Maggie Sawyer in Batwoman.
But of course, Aquaman is married to Mera.
She’s referred to as his queen, and before the New 52 relaunch of the title two years ago, they were a married couple… but actually in the series so far since then, he has never once referred to her as his wife, only as his queen. You might have thought the two would go together.
I was just assured by a senior DC executive that, quite deliberately, “Aquaman is not married in New 52”. And never was. No Mephisto needed.
Is this a DC Comics War Against Marriage? Someone tell Fox!
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017