Today, Dan DiDio told a packed hall at Baltimore Comic Con that heroes shouldn’t get married. And he explained how heroes have to sacrifice their personal lives. And that is why Kate Kane wasn’t allowed to marry Maggie Sawyer in Batwoman.
But of course, Aquaman is married to Mera.
She’s referred to as his queen, and before the New 52 relaunch of the title two years ago, they were a married couple… but actually in the series so far since then, he has never once referred to her as his wife, only as his queen. You might have thought the two would go together.
I was just assured by a senior DC executive that, quite deliberately, “Aquaman is not married in New 52”. And never was. No Mephisto needed.
Is this a DC Comics War Against Marriage? Someone tell Fox!
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017