Today, Dan DiDio told a packed hall at Baltimore Comic Con that heroes shouldn’t get married. And he explained how heroes have to sacrifice their personal lives. And that is why Kate Kane wasn’t allowed to marry Maggie Sawyer in Batwoman.
But of course, Aquaman is married to Mera.
She’s referred to as his queen, and before the New 52 relaunch of the title two years ago, they were a married couple… but actually in the series so far since then, he has never once referred to her as his wife, only as his queen. You might have thought the two would go together.
I was just assured by a senior DC executive that, quite deliberately, “Aquaman is not married in New 52”. And never was. No Mephisto needed.
Is this a DC Comics War Against Marriage? Someone tell Fox!
- Heavy Metal Fill San Diego Comic-Con With Iron Maiden - July 18, 2018
- Batman Smashes The Cistern in Batman #51 (SPOILERS) - July 18, 2018
- Now Justice League #4 Goes Lone Wolf And Cub (Spoilers) - July 18, 2018
- Will New Miracleman by Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham be Re-Announced at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 18, 2018
- London Film and Comic Con 2018 Launches Its First Comics Symposium - July 18, 2018