Director Guillame Canet co-wrote Blood Ties with James Gray, and judging from this trailer, it was the right combination for this tone, setting and genre. This is right in Gray’s wheelhouse.
As the title will have told you, family is important in this story. It’s a cops and crooks story, and it’s a story about brothers too. The basic combination of those two themes is not so surprising, but this trailer at least hints at more sophisticated things.
Well, Clive Owen wears the hair just as well as Billy Crudup does the ‘tache. Marion Cotillard – the director’s wife – and Mila Kunis wear… well, all sorts of things well. That’s why I always see them on the billboards at the airport. Of course, that’s the least of their abilities.
And now, here’s a bonus making-of video that features some unsubtitled French.
Finally, here’s a YouTube embed that, on September 10th, when the countdown finishes, will livestream the Toronto International Film Festival’s Blood Ties press conference. Set your reminders.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014