There are two things that are rather startling about this clip from Xavier Dolan’s Tom at the Farm. One visual and one aural.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8bq-MGazn0
As you will have most likely noticed the aspect ratio shifts throughout the scene and there is some very unusual manipulation going on in the sound mixing. Dolan has been known to take a somewhat experimental approach to film language but in Tom at the Farm he appears to be taking this very far.
I’m not sure the reasons for these choices are clear out of context but I’m absolutely fascinated to see the film and see how Dolan’s approach does or doesn’t work in context.
Tom at the Farm is being released in France in March 2014 but has no confirmed release date yet for the UK or America.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013