It was announced this week that Clio Barnard’s The Selfish Giant will play at the London Film Festival, following a critically successful premiere at Cannes earlier this year, and three clips were released to coincide with this news.
The Selfish Giant is Barnard’s fiction film follow-up to her 2010 documentary The Arbor, which utilized a technique in which actors lip-synced to recordings. The effect of this technique in The Arbor was distancing so I’m rather pleased to see quite how natural and unstylised these clips look.
The visual content of these clips is certainly not NSFW but you might want to turn your speakers down as there is a fair bit of bad language.
The Selfish Giant will be released in the UK on the 25th of October.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013