Zookastar is set to take place at Battersea Power Station, with around 5000 allowed in each day to sample the delights of a variety of themed zones and to watch films at one of the pop-up cinema venues there.
It was supposed to be taking place very soon, from the 31st of October to the 3rd of November, but word reached us today that the event has been moved to spring 2014 instead.
This positions the festival two to three months before San Diego Comic-Con, a month or so before Cannes and just before the summer movie madness begins. This could put them in just the right place to bag some nice exclusives.
Brendon spoke to the Creative Director and Event Producer for Zookastar and they seemed to stress that this really was an event for movie fans. It certainly sounds very promising and I can’t wait to see how it all comes together.
One guest who was announced for the event was Asia Argento, who today announced her retirement from acting on Twitter,
On August 27th I said farewell to the acting torture/humiliation foreva. It’s been a long run,30 yrs. Long nuff for me. Thanks&fuck u all.
— Asia Argento (@AsiaArgento) September 5, 2013
As Zookastar has been moved from October to Spring the guests attending may obviously be subject to change now and it was confirmed to me today that Argento’s attendance in Spring is TBC.
More on Zookastar as we get it. We’ll be watching this one very closely as it has the potential to be a pretty big deal for the UK.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013