If one was so inclined to reprise stuntman bounty hunter TV show The Fall Guy as a major motion picture, picking McG to direct would be quite the no-brainer. His Charlie’s Angel‘s films were flash, fast-burning machines all tanked up with the same kind of pop nostalgia that a Fall Guy project would run on, and I think he’s quite the capable technician, and a man keen to use the contemporary filmmaker’s toolkit in aid of storytelling. A specific, brash kind of storytelling.
And then there’s The “Dwayne Johnson” Rock, definitely a suitable modern analog for Lee Majors, as well as a man that would seem comfortable, if that’s the word, in even the most outlandish of McG’s space-dust lacquered set pieces.
No prizes for thinking outside the box at Hyde Park Entertainment and WWE Studios, then, as this is just the combination they’re trying to tie into their Fall Guy movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film will be based upon a script by Thor, Fringe and Cody Banks alumni Zack Stentz and Ashley Edward Miller. I’d be very curious to see what they’ve cooked up, but from the talent getting attached, I’m supposing it’s pretty bold stuff. Chunky crayon bold.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014