Tonight at 6PM, JHU Comic Books (formerly known as Jim Hanley’s Universe) will host Ann Nocenti, ChrisCross, and Dan Slott at their Manhattan location at 32 East 32nd Street for a signing.
Nocenti and ChrisCross celebrate the release of Justice League Dark issue 23.1 as part of “Villains Month”, and Slott has a new Superior Spider-Man (issue 17) out this week. Slott’s a longtime friend of the shop and has been known to sign there for Spidey fans. To take part in the signings, JHU is requesting the purchase of Justice League Dark 23.1 or Superior Spidey 17, but you may also bring your own books, capped at 5 total, for the signing. The shop will be open until 11PM tonight for browsing.
But JHU are actually hosting a grand total of three events this week to kick off September right.
On Thursday, September 5th Adam Knave and Nick Brokenshire will be on location at 6PM promoting their graphic novel Amelia Cole and the Unknown World.
And on Friday, September 6th, Peter David will be hosting an “X-Factor Farewell Party” from 6-8PM to celebrate the final issue of the series, 262.
All events will be held at the 32nd Street location.
Hannah Means-Shannon is a senior New York Correspondent at Bleeding Cool, writes and blogs about comics for TRIP CITY and Sequart.org, and is currently working on books about Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore for Sequart. She is @hannahmenzies on Twitter and hannahmenziesblog on WordPress. Find her bio here.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015