That’s the cover to the second print of parody comic, The Mocking Dead, from Dynamite. I understand that it has just sold out of it’s over-ten thousand print run at Diamond Comic Distributors ahead of its release tomorrow. Dynamite are planning to rush a thousand second prints so they can arrive in stores alongside the second issue.
THE MOCKING DEAD #1 (of 4)
Fred Van Lente (w)
Max Dunbar (a)
Zombie Caution Cover by Bill Tortolini (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Teen+
From the New York Times bestselling writer of the Marvel Zombies series comes a gut-splitting (then eating) comedy! A small outbreak can turn into a worldwide apocalypse… but only through a long string of screw-ups. Once actual zombies begin popping up in our world, a lone intelligence analyst realizes real-life events are beginning to mimic the events of a long-lost, Grade-Z, drive-in horror flick. As he races to save humanity with this knowledge, he quickly learns the only thing more dangerous than ravenous walking corpses is the ineptitude of the living!
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017