Bleeding Cool gave you the news first, but DC then confirmed that something rather traumatic and specific would be happening to Nightwing, at the centre of the series. We did however assure people that Nightwing wouldn’t die.
And he doesn’t.
Is that a spoiler? Possibly, but since there are going to be more spoilers below, I’d get out now if I were you.
Go on scram. Also, stay away from mass media today and tomorrow, just in case.
Many have pooh-poohed our original rumour, pointing out that it would only lead to Batman also suffering the same fate as his link to Nightwing and Bruce Wayne’s link to Dick Grayson are too well known.
But no, I don’t think that’s the case at all, Bruce Wayne is already directly linked to Batman as the patron of Batman Inc, creating Batman franchises across the world, Grayson’s involvement with Batman could easily be seen as an early experiment in that very activity.
I do understand, however, that DC intend this to be the new status quo for Nightwing and have no intention of changing back again…
Interestingly, the recent issue of Nightwing touched on the issue of identity, with the truth of Tony Zucco as murderer of Grayson’s parents coming out, with the issue that his friends in Chicago might just put two and two together. Now? They don’t have to.
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017