Joe Gualtieri writes;
Dave Costello has been my best friend for more than half my life. We met in high school bonded quickly over a love of comics. Since then it hasn’t mattered if we were in the same state or not, we’ve been there for each other through everything. Around the time we opened up Wicked Comics together in 2011, Dave started dating Wendy and he immediately seemed happier than he had been in a long time.
Flash forward a little over a year, Dave and Wendy were still together and to promote Astonishing X-Men #51, Marvel solicited a “create your own wedding” variant. I immediately ordered a bunch of them. That fall, Wendy asked Dave to marry her and I began on my little project. There were some hiccups along the way (I particularly freaked out when the Boston Comic Con was originally cancelled), but I feel like I managed together a nice little collection here, with both unknowns and big names. So thank you again to all of the artists who participated, and Dave and Wendy, congratulations!
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017
- “The Darkest Jeff Lemire Since Animal Man”: Valiant Retailer Presentation At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017