Joe Gualtieri writes;
Dave Costello has been my best friend for more than half my life. We met in high school bonded quickly over a love of comics. Since then it hasn’t mattered if we were in the same state or not, we’ve been there for each other through everything. Around the time we opened up Wicked Comics together in 2011, Dave started dating Wendy and he immediately seemed happier than he had been in a long time.
Flash forward a little over a year, Dave and Wendy were still together and to promote Astonishing X-Men #51, Marvel solicited a “create your own wedding” variant. I immediately ordered a bunch of them. That fall, Wendy asked Dave to marry her and I began on my little project. There were some hiccups along the way (I particularly freaked out when the Boston Comic Con was originally cancelled), but I feel like I managed together a nice little collection here, with both unknowns and big names. So thank you again to all of the artists who participated, and Dave and Wendy, congratulations!
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018