All Variety can say about Kurt Russell‘s role in James Wan‘s Fast and Furious septquel is that the role was originally offered to Denzel Washington. Not much, but I’ve heard just a little bit more.
He’s a good guy. Or, if he isn’t, he’s only revealed to be a bad guy in a late twist I don’t know anything about and really don’t expect. His back story is tied into the backstory of the Shaw Brothers, the villains of part 6 and part 7 and, possibly, part 8.
I was tipped off a while back that the role was prototyped on Liam Neeson, and I guess they may have gone after him first, before Washington.
Still, I love Kurt Russell and am probably happier to see him than either of the other possibles, when it comes down to it. This has worked out for the best from my point of view.
Production on Fast 7 is expected to start in just a couple of weeks and we can look forward to seeing in cinemas on May 24th next year.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014