Here’s some kind of internal Toys R Us document showing their expectations for a whole trilogy each of new Star Wars and Transformers films.
As you can see, this store is going to be the “premier global destination” for Star Wars toys if those talks go to plan.
It’s possible the little Star Wars graphic was supplied to them by Lucasfilm, it’s also possible they made it themselves. They might have found it on Google image search. Who knows?
I think we can take it as read, now, that there will be Dinobots in the next Transformers movie – but will it really have a Dinobots theme? Well, that’s one way to ensure as many new toys as possible, I guess.
But don’t take this sheet as gospel – it was created at a time when there was still one living human who thought there might be a Stretch Armstrong film in cinemas next April.
And one last tip for those of you with bad eyes – that’s not a subtitle on the Transformers graphic, just a mention of their 30th anniversary. I suppose that will be a big thing in Toy Stores.
Thanks to Seibertron for the pic.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014