Hopefully the 1000+ people to have signed the Change.Org petition against Warner Bros.’ casting of Ben Affleck as Batman also care enough about other things that they’ll put their name to that too. At the very least I hope they all go out and vote on election day.
Here’s the reasoning behind the petition:
His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he won’t do the role justice. He’s not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman. His portrayal of Daredevil was atrocious and he’s not remotely close to an action star. Please find someone else.
Oh, and I’ve seen on Twitter that a lot of folk have taken Rich’s bait-and-switch headline about Michael Keaton on face value and think that Warner Bros. have received 50,000 complaints against the casting of Affleck. I wish they’d clicked through and actually read the story, because if Rich’s shell game move tells us anything, it’s that all of this fuss about Affleck was sadly predictable.
Anyway, history repeats itself. Here’s hoping it also repeats with Affleck turning in an unexpected and surprising performance. I’ve slept on his casting and I feel better about it now than I did last night, and I liked it then.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014