Diana McCallum reports for Bleeding Cool from Toronto Fan Expo.
Stan Lee started off the first day of Fan Expo in Toronto by letting all the fans at his panel know they’re the reason he won’t be doing one of his standard Marvel cameos in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Stan explained to a packed hall that he was scheduled to shoot his cameo this weekend in Montreal but couldn’t disappoint the fans so came out to Fan Expo instead and now won’t be showing up in the upcoming X-Men flick.
If you were also wondering why he didn’t pop up in The Wolverine, he explained that the film’s shooting location, way down in Australia, was just way too far to travel.
Stan also teased that his new made-for-movie superhero creation, The Annihilator, has an actor and a production company now attached but no director. Still no word on what exactly the Annihilator’s power may be either.
Finally, Stan let slip (though he said he wasn’t supposed to) that he’s working on a new reality show to find the best new comic book artists and writers that are out there, with contestants getting eliminated every week American Idol-style. Stan couldn’t say much else but promised he wouldn’t be a judge as he didn’t have the heart to boot anyone off the show.
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017