Diana McCallum reports for Bleeding Cool from Toronto Fan Expo.
Stan Lee started off the first day of Fan Expo in Toronto by letting all the fans at his panel know they’re the reason he won’t be doing one of his standard Marvel cameos in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Stan explained to a packed hall that he was scheduled to shoot his cameo this weekend in Montreal but couldn’t disappoint the fans so came out to Fan Expo instead and now won’t be showing up in the upcoming X-Men flick.
If you were also wondering why he didn’t pop up in The Wolverine, he explained that the film’s shooting location, way down in Australia, was just way too far to travel.
Stan also teased that his new made-for-movie superhero creation, The Annihilator, has an actor and a production company now attached but no director. Still no word on what exactly the Annihilator’s power may be either.
Finally, Stan let slip (though he said he wasn’t supposed to) that he’s working on a new reality show to find the best new comic book artists and writers that are out there, with contestants getting eliminated every week American Idol-style. Stan couldn’t say much else but promised he wouldn’t be a judge as he didn’t have the heart to boot anyone off the show.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017