Diana McCallum reports for Bleeding Cool from Toronto Fan Expo.
Stan Lee started off the first day of Fan Expo in Toronto by letting all the fans at his panel know they’re the reason he won’t be doing one of his standard Marvel cameos in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Stan explained to a packed hall that he was scheduled to shoot his cameo this weekend in Montreal but couldn’t disappoint the fans so came out to Fan Expo instead and now won’t be showing up in the upcoming X-Men flick.
If you were also wondering why he didn’t pop up in The Wolverine, he explained that the film’s shooting location, way down in Australia, was just way too far to travel.
Stan also teased that his new made-for-movie superhero creation, The Annihilator, has an actor and a production company now attached but no director. Still no word on what exactly the Annihilator’s power may be either.
Finally, Stan let slip (though he said he wasn’t supposed to) that he’s working on a new reality show to find the best new comic book artists and writers that are out there, with contestants getting eliminated every week American Idol-style. Stan couldn’t say much else but promised he wouldn’t be a judge as he didn’t have the heart to boot anyone off the show.
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead, Wild Hunt, and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018