It’s been a while since we’ve heard from Nancy Silberkleit, the co-CEO of Archie Comics, after her legal fight with the rest of the company, with suits and counter suits flying until they finally settled.
But now she is suing Samuel Levitin, her long standing friend and liasion to Archie Comics, for sexual harassment, stating that she “has been and continues to be the subject of unwelcomed sexual harassment” at Archie Comics in Westchester County.
Levitin says Silberkleit is “unstable” — and once plotted to tart up Archie Andrews’ longtime love interests, Betty and Veronica.
“This is not Penthouse or Playboy,” he warned her, according to court papers.
Levitin, 73, cautioned that if Silberkleit, 59, remains in a position of power, “she will greatly damage the business.”
Silberkleit’s lawyer, Paul Jaffe, said the allegations against his client “are just not true.”
Levitin also leered at her, asked her if she planned on getting breast implants, and threatened her, Silberkleit charged.
Silberkleit recounted one incident where she said Levitin told her, “mess with me, lady, (and) you’re playing with fire.”
Levitin denied calling her “lady,” but said he did warn her she was “playing with fire” with her plans for Betty and Veronica, “characters that have been known and loved for generations.”
Levitin was hired under terms of the settlement between Silberkleit and Archie Comics, to allow her to continue her role without contact with other Archie Comics staff. However, after some time with the company, “Levitin filed court papers in December seeking to have her removed as an Archie trustee.”
I’m looking forward to seeing the thinly disguised version of this drama playing out in Riverdale…
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018