Lots of companies have been using social creative networking sites such as DeviantART and Digital Webbing to find new comic artists, from the biggest to the smallest. But now it seems that Boom! Studios wants to take that in-house. Kinda.
They have launched an Artist Submissions page on Facebook for pencillers, inkers, colourists, letterers… but not writers!
It’s just for art samples, not for messages, and Boom will reoply to people’s contact information if they wish to.
However, by doing it so openly, it could also be a resource for other, smaller, less high profile publishers at Boom! to sneak in and sign people up earlier…
Here are just a few submissions so far…
From Jordan Johnson.
From Dave Acosta.
From Bruno Matos.
From Jake Elphick.
From Patrick Brower.
From David Newbold.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017