Lots of companies have been using social creative networking sites such as DeviantART and Digital Webbing to find new comic artists, from the biggest to the smallest. But now it seems that Boom! Studios wants to take that in-house. Kinda.
They have launched an Artist Submissions page on Facebook for pencillers, inkers, colourists, letterers… but not writers!
It’s just for art samples, not for messages, and Boom will reoply to people’s contact information if they wish to.
However, by doing it so openly, it could also be a resource for other, smaller, less high profile publishers at Boom! to sneak in and sign people up earlier…
Here are just a few submissions so far…
From Jordan Johnson.
From Dave Acosta.
From Bruno Matos.
From Jake Elphick.
From Patrick Brower.
From David Newbold.
- Black Eyed Peas Played The Marvel Party In San Diego Last Night – Video And Photos - July 22, 2017
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017