Lots of companies have been using social creative networking sites such as DeviantART and Digital Webbing to find new comic artists, from the biggest to the smallest. But now it seems that Boom! Studios wants to take that in-house. Kinda.
They have launched an Artist Submissions page on Facebook for pencillers, inkers, colourists, letterers… but not writers!
It’s just for art samples, not for messages, and Boom will reoply to people’s contact information if they wish to.
However, by doing it so openly, it could also be a resource for other, smaller, less high profile publishers at Boom! to sneak in and sign people up earlier…
Here are just a few submissions so far…
From Jordan Johnson.
From Dave Acosta.
From Bruno Matos.
From Jake Elphick.
From Patrick Brower.
From David Newbold.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018