Seth MacFarlane has just Tweeted the release date that they’re hoping to get Ted 2 in cinemas for,
— Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) August 14, 2013
Mark Whalberg recently spoke to Digital Spy about the sequel and mentioned that they would be shooting in May next year. A May shoot and an April release date sounds about right, especially given the time needed to animate the character of Ted.
Ted was phenomenally successful at the box office for MacFarlane and Universal, taking in over half a billion dollars worldwide, and they’ll be hoping for a similar figure for the sequel. If not higher.
2015 is looking a little crowded at the moment though. Are audiences’ pockets really that deep? Hollywood appears to be counting on it.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013