There’s a little “added value” in Movieweb‘s story on the Colin Trevorrow Jurassic Park 4 interview I passed along earlier today. Heading up their post is this paragraph:
In June, plot details surfaced from Jurassic Park IV that indicate the actual theme park is up and running. Now we’re hearing that The Office star John Krasinski is up for a role as one of the theme park workers in charge of ‘taming’ some of the dinosaurs.
Well, I don’t know about John Krasinski but I can at least substantiate the bit about this new film having scenes in a functional Jurassic Park. I never ran the rumours back in June but I’ve spoken to a few folk in the meantime, and there’s some real indication out there that this film will require a number of “park staff” amongst the cast of characters, and you can’t have park staff without a running park.
I think this idea of staff being responsible for “taming” the dinosaurs could lead to interesting material.
As the director himself was saying, this movie could benefit from a cast of likeable characters. Casting Krasinski Would be a nice stride in that direction, I think. I know some people really hated Jim Halpert, but I never did, and I’ve enjoyed Krasinski at least that much in most of his feature work too.
Any way, for now and maybe forever, it’s all just rumour.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014