This new teaser for Stephen Frears’ Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight really seems to sell a thrilling courtroom drama, which isn’t really what the film is at all.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXwngYpSjo
The film is about the debate in the Supreme Court over whether or not to overturn the previous ruling that refused to recognise Muhammad Ali’s conscientious objector status during the Vietnam War. All the ‘action’ in the film takes place almost entirely in closed rooms, not courtrooms, with lots of arguing and infighting between the various judges and their aids.
It’s really nowhere near as dramatic or exciting as that teaser seems to suggest.
After seeing the film at Cannes earlier this year I Tweeted the following short take on it,
Flat, stuffy & dull. Story told would fit on a postage stamp. Great performances from the older cast though.
I really was very disappointed.
Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight premieres on HBO on the 5th of October.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013