With the third Expendables movie set to get rolling in just a week’s time, producer Boaz Davidson has made a pretty comprehensive cast list update on his Facebook page:That
Or, to give them all their first names as well as surnames:
- Sylvester Stallone
- Jason Statham
- Harrison Ford
- Mel Gibson
- Dolph Lundgren
- Wesley Snipes
- Jet Li
- Randy Couture
- Antonio Banderas
- Ronda Rousey
- Terry Crews
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Victor Ortiz
- Kellan Lutz
Those are all guys, bar UFC champ Ronda Rousey, which seems to kill the rumours about more women joining the pack this time.
And there’s no reference to Milla Jovovich either – or Jackie Chan and Nicolas Cage, who were apparently all negotiating their roles at the same time.
I’m sure Davidson listed every name he could depend, so it seems that a lot of people came into the orbit of this production but never touched down. I guess there could be a whole slew of eleventh hour negotiations ongoing, but that is a pretty long list of actors already.
So, with Stallone and co. apparently not going for neither more female characters or the oft-discussed introduction of much younger players, Expendables 3 is sounding a lot more like parts 1 and 2 than I had hoped. Patrick Hughes is directing, though, and his debut feature Red Hill is an absolute cracker, so I’m certainly staying optimistic.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014