Over San Diego Comic Con, Bleeding Cool was the first to tell you that IDW and BBC were coming to the end of their Doctor Who US licence at the end of the year and were not renewing. Odds are it had become a lot more expensive. We followed it up with the news that Boom, Arcana and Titan were in the final running for the coveted prize.
I understand, as of this morning, that British publisher Titan Comics has successfully won the US license, and will begin publication with stories featuring the Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi Doctors next year.
Panini currently hold the UK Doctor Who comics licence, for the Doctor Who Magazine strip. There were rumours that Titan ma have bought DWM lock stock and two smoking screwdrivers to unify the licence between the US and the UK, but that’s been denied. Something is happening however that may make Titan Comics more able to distribute their upcoming Doctor Who comics in the UK.
I’ll try and find out what…
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017