Over San Diego Comic Con, Bleeding Cool was the first to tell you that IDW and BBC were coming to the end of their Doctor Who US licence at the end of the year and were not renewing. Odds are it had become a lot more expensive. We followed it up with the news that Boom, Arcana and Titan were in the final running for the coveted prize.
I understand, as of this morning, that British publisher Titan Comics has successfully won the US license, and will begin publication with stories featuring the Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi Doctors next year.
Panini currently hold the UK Doctor Who comics licence, for the Doctor Who Magazine strip. There were rumours that Titan ma have bought DWM lock stock and two smoking screwdrivers to unify the licence between the US and the UK, but that’s been denied. Something is happening however that may make Titan Comics more able to distribute their upcoming Doctor Who comics in the UK.
I’ll try and find out what…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018