Okay, here we go.
When I first ran the rumours of the return of Doctor Who Missing Episodes to the BBC, being spread by Doctor Who production folk, I pointed out that the rumours states that Doctor Who was only part of the haul, there were Dad’s Army, Morecambe And Wise missing episodes in the haul as well.
Dad’s Army is a true classic British sitcom, still repeated, set in Britain during the Second World War amongst the Home Guard. It’s certainly one of the finest sitcoms ever created. Three black-and-white episodes from the second series and a number of Christmas shorts are missing, wiped over by the BBC in the seventies.
The current BBC webpage for Dad’s Army second series lists the three remaining episodes but now, also states, “There will be 6 episodes. More information coming soon.”
Is this the smoking gun for that whole haul of BBC missing episodes?
I haven’t heard any more from the Who production folk of late – it may be that they’ve been told to shut up. For me that was always the story, but this is the first actual evidence for me that means anything, even if only circumstantial, or possibly accidental. Other less well sourced rumours point to a number of Doctor Who episodes being returned to the BBC including Marco Polo, The Enemy of The World, Web of Fear, The Massacre and episodes from The Tenth Planet and Galaxy Four. Few Patrick Troughton stories have been recovered sadly, so no Fury from the Deep, Abominable Snowmen, or Evil Of The Daleks.
And while Philip Morris continued to deny any knowledge or involvement, I understand he may be giving an exclusive interview about all this to Starburst Magazine…
All this remains unconfirmed rumour, of course, and may well be nothing more than the usual wish fulfillment. We look forward to finding out the truth… eventually.
Thanks to Who Harmony for the pointer…
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018