It won’t affect any of the orders for DC’s New 52 books though.
- The print run for the 3D covers for September had to be set a while ago because of the production process.
- All 3D cover issues for September are now sold out at the distributor level.
- Orders on the Villain’s Month issues will be allocated.
- DC will also ship standard edition cover versions on the same day as the 3D cover versions for a dollar less, holding the line at $2.99. These will officially count as first prints.
- Retailers need to start ordering these 2D covers this week. So let your comic store know what you want – and they’ll tell you if you can get it.
- And for those collectors worried that they won’t be able to get all 52 motion covers, you can also order the Villains Month 3-D Motion Complete Set, which will have all the comics in second print, in a box, as well as Forever Evil #1 3D Second Print Variant for $199.99 for December 11th.
- The allocation will be set to match previous store’s selling patterns, to avoid those who suddenly now ratchet up orders in the knowledge they’ll be allocated.
- The titles will range from 50% allocation on some books, with retailers getting half what were ordered, to nearly 100% where retailers will get almost all they ordered.
- Retailers will be informed how many books they are getting in time to order 2D replacement copies.
- The existence of the standard versions at $2.99 has allowed DC to publish the Villain’s Month comics digitally at $2.99, rather than $3.99, while still remaining parity with print.
So… how much is that 3D cover worth to you? Would you be happier paying $2.99 for every DC New 52 book that month instead?
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018