The Congress, Ari Folman’s follow up to his remarkable animated documentary Waltz With Bashir, looks to be a very intriguing film. Mixing live action and animation, reality and fiction, The Congress features Robin Wright playing a version of herself that is then digitized to create a virtual actress.
The film played at Cannes as part of the Director’s Fortnight but I was sadly too far back in the queue to get in. I did hear from a number of people who did see it and while no-one seemed to be head over heels for it their reactions certainly suggested a very interesting film.
Drafthouse will be releasing The Congress in US cinemas in 2014. There’s no word yet on a UK release but the film has already opened in France, so if UK distributors continue to drag their heels then this may be one for the import list.
The FilmStage have highlighted a number of new images and videos from the film that are now online, some posted at the film’s official site. Embedded below you can watch two music videos, which feature images from the film and Robin Wright singing, and two behind the scenes clips narrated by director Ari Folman.
Below that are some more images from the official site. Head there or to The Filmstage to see even more. The imagery really is very arresting.
Forever Young (feat. Robin Wright) by Max Richter
If It Be Your Will (feat. Robin Wright) by Max Richter
Two behind the scenes clips, narrated by Ari Folman.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013