It seems sure now that we’re getting the Batman 1966 DVD finally released after Fox and Warners did some kind of intra-company deal.
But at San Diego I was also hearing that, with the success of Arrow recently, the end of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, and the predicted success of the Agents Of SHIELD TV show that it is time for a new Batman show, living in the continuity of those Batman movies.
That the show would be a side story to the main Batman event however, focused on the Five Families of Gotham, the mafia that run the city, and how their criminal and corrupt political power base is impacted by the emerging of Batman in the scene, though he would rarely be seen in the show And considerable influence from the classic DC series Gotham Central.
However, while many people want such a show to exist, informed Bleeding Cool sources at Warners insist that no such show is on the cards. Now, as we know from the Doctor Who Missing Episodes rumours, fan blinkers can exist at all levels of an industry. But there’s no reason why such a show couldn’t exist. Something like it must have been discussed at Warners at some point. And if a few people are rather more excited about what ifs and possibles than reality would justify – well, ideas have to come from somewhere don’t they?
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017