It seems sure now that we’re getting the Batman 1966 DVD finally released after Fox and Warners did some kind of intra-company deal.
But at San Diego I was also hearing that, with the success of Arrow recently, the end of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, and the predicted success of the Agents Of SHIELD TV show that it is time for a new Batman show, living in the continuity of those Batman movies.
That the show would be a side story to the main Batman event however, focused on the Five Families of Gotham, the mafia that run the city, and how their criminal and corrupt political power base is impacted by the emerging of Batman in the scene, though he would rarely be seen in the show And considerable influence from the classic DC series Gotham Central.
However, while many people want such a show to exist, informed Bleeding Cool sources at Warners insist that no such show is on the cards. Now, as we know from the Doctor Who Missing Episodes rumours, fan blinkers can exist at all levels of an industry. But there’s no reason why such a show couldn’t exist. Something like it must have been discussed at Warners at some point. And if a few people are rather more excited about what ifs and possibles than reality would justify – well, ideas have to come from somewhere don’t they?
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017