2 Guns is out in America this Friday, the 2nd of August, and in the UK on the 16th but there doesn’t appear to have been as much of a marketing push as I would have expected for a film starring Denzel Washington and Mark Whalberg. No reviews have been published for the film yet either.
These don’t seem like good signs.
And I’m not sure this new red band trailer, posted at IGN, makes me feel entirely optimistic either.
I’ve got an awful feeling that 2 Guns is going to trade mostly on just having a lot of guns and a lot of swearing. There’s something about the casual gunplay in that trailer that doesn’t sit entirely right with me either.
The comic upon which it’s based, by Steven Grant, is pretty well regarded though so maybe there could be a little more to this than the trailer is showing us. I do hope so.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013