Sherlock producer Sue Vertue has shared the casting, nature and an image of new season three character, Charles Augustus Magnussen. I would imagine he’s a Scandi riff on Charles Augustus Milverton, “king of the blackmailers.” But then again, I also imagined she meant Magnusson, with an o. I’ve got a healthy imagination but it isn’t always right.
Sherlock’s new nemesis – introducing Lars Mikkelsen as Charles Augustus Magnussen. #sherlock
And that’s her shot of Mikkelsen – yes, he’s Mads’ brother – at the head of the post.
In the ’45 Basil Rathbone movie that adapts Conan Doyle’s Milverton story, the character was swapped out for Moriarty. I have to wonder how Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss and company might play around, mixing and matching elements of the two characters’ stories. Magnusson is being described as Sherlock’s new nemesis, after all.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014