20th Century Fox are getting into the theme park business with a 25 acre development in Malaysia. According to their official release, the park is going to feature attractions based on the Alien, Predator, Life of Pi, Night at the Museum and Blue Sky’s animated films.
There should be something like one “ride” per acre, it’s said, with the mix including:
media based rides, thrill rides, dark rides, children’s rides and water rides
And then there’s also:
The Dream Parade, an animatronics parade based on all characters and titles represented thorughout the theme park
Which sounds kind of screwy – the Alien alien, the Predator predator, Pi Patel and the birds from Rio, all bopping around a theme park to musical accompaniment?
Perhaps the most worrying thing is the small investment being quoted – just $125M, which is much less than, say, Universal’s far, far smaller Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So unless Fox and their partners at Resorts World Genting are fudging the numbers or have some super-cheap workarounds in mind, this park might start out as quite a humble affair.
Still, it can be done, with ingenuity and ambition.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014