I have a few reasons to be sceptical, but rumours about the ongoing casting of the next Star Wars film have bubbled to the surface at Latino Review.
According to their unnamed mole, contenders for lead roles in Episode VII include Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron.
Compare those two actors to the verified casting details that we had last month and maybe the best matches would be –
A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
– for Efron. But for Gosling? Well, there was –
Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
and maybe –
Forty something male, fit, military type.
– at least if you age the character down a bit. But I’m not so sure these are good matches. Indeed, seeing as I know for a fact that my character breakdowns match lead characters, I’m pretty doubtful about Gosling fitting in anywhere.
According to the Latino Review story, Gosling’s character would be Luke Skywalker’s son in a storyline set some 30-years after Return of the Jedi.
And then, almost as a footnote, they’re saying that Leonardo Di Caprio passed on Star Wars to go for a role in Robotech instead but we’ll have to wait and see about that too.
We can expect some more solid Star Wars news in the coming days, I’d hope, with Celebration happening in Essen this weekend and then Disney’s D23 in early August. Michael Arndt appears to have delivered his first draft and work is underway at the film’s production offices in the UK for an early 2014 shoot date and 2015 release.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014