Everyone expects major movie firepower on San Diego Saturday, and this looks like the first salvo: LA Times Hero Complex is reporting that WB has a film uniting Superman and Batman set for 2015:
“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.
“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.
His involvement seemed to be a little unclear in the early stages of the production of Man of Steel too and I’m not actually sure it’s even entirely clear now.
Henry Cavill, Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer returning is not that surprising perhaps, given the success of Man of Steel, but the big question mark hanging over this announcement is who will be playing Batman.
It’ll be interesting to see whether Warner Brothers go with a relative newcomer or someone more established, especially given how popular Bale is with the fans of Nolan’s films. Warner Brothers could really send Hall H into geek hysteria if they not only announce this news but also have the actor playing Batman walk out on stage.
Keep your eyes on Bleeding Cool as Brendon is sitting in Hall H right now.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013