Yesterday brought news that Whit Stillman was making a lot of progress with his next film and now we not only know its title but also what book it’s based on.
The Playlist have reported today that the film is based upon the short novel Lady Susan and is currently titled Love and Friendship. As reported yesterday Stillman described the source material for his new film as being
…based on a funny but obscure late 18th-century work that reads a bit like an Oscar Wilde play.
That seems to tally with Lady Susan, which was written by Jane Austen but is certainly not a well known work. I’ll be checking it out as soon as possible, probably today if I can, to see what may have attracted Stillman to it.
Stillman is hoping to shoot Love and Friendship in Britain or Ireland.
It will be his fifth film and in my opinion he’s currently four for four, so I’m highly anticipating this one.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013