BCer-in-the-field just sent in a huge blitz of announcements from the IDW Panel. In addition to other recent IDW SDCC-week tidbits, here’s what’s new, in a flash:
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas done as comic. Very special to us, especially Ted. Adapted from Hunster S Thompson book, not following film.
- New Dave Sim series through IDW, not what people would expect. Photorealism and art, called the Strange Death of Alex Raymond, 18 issues.
- Slayground, new Parker graphic novel by Darwyne Cooke in December. Takes place in amusement park, cops see and call made guys to get Parker, cat and mouse game, cat soon become mice.
- Brand new book by Walt Simonson called Ragnorok summer 2014. 15 years ago, Scott asked Walt to do Walt’s Tales of Norse Gods. Twilight – gods and enemies battle, all die, 9 worlds born, earth sinks. In this story, Thor not there for Ragnorok, serpent lives, Thor whereabouts a mystery. Hundreds of years go by, thor returns, figures out what happens, carries with him most powerful weapon. He’s a good viking, parents are dead what would you do? The book is called Ragnarok because Ragnarok isn’t over.
- 24 coming back in new miniseries
- Marc Andreyko, Taran Killam doing new superspy book called the Illegitimates
- Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland by Eric shanower and Garbiel Rodgrigez
Indestructible, December 2013 – A guy in world of superheroes, just a regular guy, shot, bullet bounces off because of a flask in pocket, now everybody thinks he’s a superhero. Humor book. Jeff Kline, Javier Garron, Salvi Garcia, Chris Johnson, Bernard Chang
City by Eric Garcia, Tommy Lee Edwards. Feburary 2014. Story about guy named Ben who programs computers to look at every single video camera in the city to stop crime. He gets a chip in his head, sees everything in city, things aren’t really what he thinks they are.