The previous trailer for The Family, which is still being called Malavita in France, seemed to be selling it as something pretty close to Analyse This meets My Blue Heaven.
Now, though, the emphasis is different. This trailer might pass for a “real” mob movie if we didn’t know better.
This will require a specific blend of comedy and the more straight up stuff, but I think Luc Besson could pull it off. Maybe he hasn’t, maybe he has, but he certainly could.
Or the “comedy” could be pitched way, way out there, more like The Fifth Element. I’m okay with it, but I know that film really grates for a lot of folk.
The Family will be released in the US on September 13th.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014