On his website today, Paul Slade has posted a forgotten 1988 “jam” print for the short-lived UK comics magazine Heartbreak Hotel. Contributors to the print include Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, Grant Morrison, Bryan Talbot, Clive Barker, Mark Buckingham, Glenn Fabry, Duncan Fegredo, Melinda Gebbie, Hunt Emerson and Phil Elliott. The artists’ proof he’s reproducing it from has been on his wall for nearly a quarter-century, but until now it’s been published only in the programme for London’s 1988 UKCAC convention.
Slade had a regular column in Heartbreak Hotel and used to help out with the magazine’s production occasionally. Lionel Gracey-Whitman, its editor/publisher, gave his this proof as a small thank you. You can read the full story behind the print and how it was produced right here….
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018