On his website today, Paul Slade has posted a forgotten 1988 “jam” print for the short-lived UK comics magazine Heartbreak Hotel. Contributors to the print include Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, Grant Morrison, Bryan Talbot, Clive Barker, Mark Buckingham, Glenn Fabry, Duncan Fegredo, Melinda Gebbie, Hunt Emerson and Phil Elliott. The artists’ proof he’s reproducing it from has been on his wall for nearly a quarter-century, but until now it’s been published only in the programme for London’s 1988 UKCAC convention.
Slade had a regular column in Heartbreak Hotel and used to help out with the magazine’s production occasionally. Lionel Gracey-Whitman, its editor/publisher, gave his this proof as a small thank you. You can read the full story behind the print and how it was produced right here….
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017