30 years after his first visit to the world of Lamont Cranston, comic book legend Howard Chaykin returns to The Shadow! for Dynamite Entertainment. Chaykin will write and draw The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow, a story that takes place three decades prior to his original Blood & Judgement series.
Chaykin share his thoughts on the return to writing the pulp hero,
I’m delighted and grateful to Dynamite for the opportunity to work once again on so legendary a character as The Shadow. My new miniseries, The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow, tells the secret story behind the Shadow’s disappearance in 1949.
With the announcement, Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher of Dynamite had this to say,
The Shadow: Blood & Judgment is one of my favorite comic series of all time. It absolutely blows my mind, still to this day. I can’t even begin to express how much this means to me as the publisher of the series and how much as a fan of Howard’s series. Howard Chaykin’s return to the character is going to be phenomenal. And in a move that will certainly keep his fans on their toes, he’s setting Midnight in Moscow up not as a direct sequel to his earlier work, but years and years beforehand, at an exciting and critical moment in the Shadow’s history. I have such tremendous respect for Howard as a storyteller, a true modern master of the comic book medium.
While the new mini-series returns Chaykin to the interior pages, he’d been contributing covers in recent years to the various The Shadow series published by Dynamite already.
- Chris Wood Wears a More Comic Book Accurate Mon-El Costume - January 16, 2018
- Fox Rushes to Renew Brand New Series 9-1-1 - January 16, 2018
- Reading the Fates with the Vampirella Tarot Card Deck - January 16, 2018
- Supergirl Returns with Legion of Super-Heroes at Her Side - January 16, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Todd Helbing on Whether Joe West Will Cross the Line to Save Barry - January 16, 2018