Orange is the New Black might well be based upon the life and prison memoirs of Piper Kerman, but it’s also a new black comedy from Jenji Kohan, the creator of Weeds, and you shouldn’t forget it.
Some of the best material in the show goes to Jason Biggs and Danielle Brooks, playing Piper’s “man on the outside” and one of her fellow inmates respectively.
I spoke to them about the show recently, and both were on top form but be warned: Biggs indulges in a little bit of colourful language in this interview, so do wear your headphones if you’re in the office or at your old Nan’s.
Every singe episode of Orange Is The New Black is available on Netflix right now. It’s the best of the Netflix originals so far, it’s funny and sharp and sometimes a little exciting too.
More about this show later, including my interview with the real Piper Kerman and Taylor Schilling, the actress who fills in for her on screen.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014