I had the opportunity to speak to Donnie Yen about The Iceman Cometh earlier this year and he seemed genuinely excited about it. He also told me how there’s definitely going to be a sequel. But first, The Iceman Cometh.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbYk9Z15YQ
Yep, that was Yen on a horse vs. a Lamborghini.
The Iceman Cometh is a high budget production for China and a lot of the action set pieces are reportedly particularly costly and time consuming. Thankfully, it looks like a lot of that expense and scale have translated onto the screen.
What does seem to be missing from the trailer is a lot of the film’s supposed humour, something that is rare enough in Yen’s films. Presumably the distributors want to focus on the big sell here, though, which would be the action.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013