With the recent release of DC Comics October solicitations, some readers noticed that issue 7 of He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe had the creative team of Dan Abnett and Rafael Kayanan. This led to speculation that regular creative team of Keith Giffen and Pop Mhan were either fired or left the book. In a statement on his Facebook page Mhan set the story straight.
Peeps: relax. I haven’t been fired from He-man. Issues 7-12 are a story arc from the fabulous Dan Abnett. Truth be told, I’d love to work with Dan, drawing those issues too. However, during the time Dan and crew are doing their issues, Keith and I will be getting ahead. This break was slated in the schedule months ago. End of public service announcement.
I can understand people’s reaction though, the idea of a comic being ahead of schedule is pretty far-fetched.
[Rich adds: Dan DiDio has also been talking about Ales Kot’s disappearance from the Suicide Squad solicits too…]
RICH UPDATES: Though Ales seems like he may have had a different version of events and wants to chat with Dan about it)
— Ales Kot (@ales_kot) July 10, 2013
And Jeff Lemire is off too…
@seancctiu Trinity War will by my final 2 issues of Justice League Dark
— Jeff Lemire (@JeffLemire) July 8, 2013
- NFL Draft – The Top Quarterback Prospects - April 22, 2017
- John Cooper Of Skillet Talks How Marvel Comics Influenced Him - April 22, 2017
- Archie And Veronica Cover Kim Wilde’s Kids In America - April 22, 2017
- Do The Riverdale Parents Have All The Best Secrets? - April 22, 2017
- Kindt And Giorello Bring Excitement Back To Comics Shops With X-O Manowar #2 - April 22, 2017