Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool.
We already know that Jerusha Hess can write comedy as she has Napoleon Dynamite to her name, but can she direct it? From this trailer for Austenland, my guess would be “yes.”
So. We’ve all been there – girls especially, I think – immersing ourselves in works of fiction that then lead us on to have unrealistic expectations about our romantic relationships.
The aptly named Jane, as played by Keri Russell, has done exactly that, by obsessing over the novels of Jane Austen and arguably missing the point. In order to find ‘The One” – no, not Keanu Reeves – she decides to visit a Jane Austen-themed hotel experience that is filled with wannabe Mr Darcys* and her fellow ladies looking for love.
This is where we meet the character played by Jennifer Coolidge… who has no idea what Pride and Prejudice is but can manage a strong “Tally ho!”
Take a look at the trailer below, with all its lavish costumes, piano-led music and very posh English folk.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015